Saturday, November 24, 2012

Today isn't just another Sunday.

Sunday mornings are usually spent with my family and friends. Usually its the routinized schedule of getting up, grabbing a quick breakfast and getting ready for church. Right after church, we usually help out with the weekly collections, in a way its our way of serving and volunteering for that week's mass. Right after everything is settled and in order.. we'd all spend the rest of the day eating brunch, catching up with everything and just practically having a good time.

Although today was different because today is when my sister takes up her board exam for Civil Engineering and so she couldn't attend the mass this week. I prayed that she'd make the cut and pass the exam. I know she's been working really hard to earn  good grades and I also know that she is a bright individual. I sometimes think that she's so much more independent than I am. But then again, we both have completely different personalities and it feels good seeing her grow up and mature.

Also, a childhood friend of mine, Angelica.. whom usually spends the Sundays with us.. is now in Florida for a one-year internship as a culinary arts student.

The two people I am so used to spending my Sundays with not being around, feels sort of odd. I guess the change is for the good. Everyones' lives are evolving and I feel like mine isn't revolving at the same pace. Probably slower. I don't think thats a good thing even. I shouldn't let myself get used to this. Anyways, I guess that's all I have to vent on for now. My mom has a couple of days left until she's off home. I think my dad needs her more than we do, he's been sick for over a week now so please keep him in your prayers.

Have a good weekend.
God bless,
Karen

No comments: