Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa!!!


Its 1.30 in the morning on the 10th February and as usual and I am in my room, recent events keep wandering off my mind. I know its not right but I cant seem to help myself . Im saving this blog entry in the laptop because Im too lazy to post it online now (for which if I do, then I would have to get up and connect the cables and everything because I use the dial-up connection) =) too tired and weak to do.

Anyways, today was also papa's birthday and overall it was alright. It didnt start off well as I expected but it got better after that.

Yes, alright if you wanna know specifically WHAT happen well then here it goes:-
Well as usual, woke up around 9 - ish and both my sisters had already gone to school. And my parents were also out to God-knows-where so it was just me and Auntie Nurul. Didnt have the appetite to eat breakfast (actually since the GCSE holidays, skipping breakfast has indeed become a routine. And I know its not good but hey, I just cant help it sometimes okay) so I automatically headed for the TV (which has also been a routine in the morning for me). And yeah, watched the replays of last nights' programs for about an hour then took a warm shower because me and Dila planned to visit the school around 11am to watch the tug-of-war yellow vs red house and so just the thought of seeing someone familiar for also whom I haven’t seen since last year got me into the excited mode.

It was past 11 and my parents still haven’t reached home so I called up mama’s cell. After a few unsuccessful tries I managed to get through her. Turns out they were grocery shopping for a salo-salo (English : get together) later in the Seria Church Parish Hall. They didn’t arrive until around 11.20 for which had already gotten me irritated and a wee bit frustrated. Then when Dila texted indicating that she was already in school, I was about to burst out already for which at that same time my parents were having a conversation about how much food were to be brought for the gathering later. And then my dad suddenly asked me to help Auntie Nurul in the kitchen so I hesitatingly did as told thinking that if I started an argument with him it wouldn’t have made any difference. So yeah.

After I managed to put away most of the grocery, he finally suggested to leave. Thank God, I thought. And as if giving me a long lecture about independency and responsibilities in the kitchen weren’t enough he continued the lecture while on the way to school. I was just half listening the entire time though and this piece of information is just to be kept between you and me.

I arrived in school at around five to 12 and I immediately spotted Zila’s red blouse. And then Dila. Both looked so hyper and cheerful that let the irritation in me go. It was fun being back in school with them. Each of us remembering the memories and the craziness that has happened there in the past trickle in our minds wishing we could relive those days. Good times. =)
Ironically, yellow lost. And soon enough, I collected the School Magazine from Mrs.Ravi (my ex class advisor) and somehow, whenever I have a short little chat with my ex-teachers, there’s this sort of awkwardness in the atmosphere. Call me crazy if you wish but Im just speaking my mind. And soon enough it was go-home time.

I ate one of my favourite dishes which is called Pansit Canton – one of mama’s special dishes. I sure am going to miss her lovely dishes when I get back to Philippines. And then helped out with the sandwiches and decorations which I really didn’t mind because I wasn’t doing anything anyway. After that we had to leave for church because my parents planned for us to be there to thank God for this wonderful blessing that he has given me and my family today.

Been reading a book - called A Tangled Web by Judith Micheals and I think its great. So many new values I've learned just from afew pages - outside the office when a man stopped by and had a chat with us. Though we weren’t familiar with him I’m guessing he was one of my parents friends because he knew that we were Filipinos and that we didn’t know how to speak kapangpangan. So yeah. Then he came close to see what exactly what we were doing and then he left in a few minutes. Came back with a white box of chocolates which he offered us. And I hesitated for awhile but grabbed one anyways. Though I wanted the whole box. Hehe. I can be stubborn sometimes. *smile weakly* hey I just cant help it whenever it comes to chocolates.
And I'll let you guys into alittle secret.. I love anyone who gives me chocolates. Infact, I think I prefer any kind of chocolates rather than going to Starbucks and having the most delicious cafe au lait. haha. Its true.

Anyways, enough about chocolates. As I was saying after the man offered the box of chocolate, no long after Father Paul passed by and stopped for a while for a short chat which was very unexpected. He asked us about our studies and our grades in school. Then after that our parents invited the members of The Legion Of Mary group to join us for dinner in Procters which is a cool restaurant near the church. We kids would have prefered the KBBC but it was too far and we had to go back for the sunset mass anyway.

I ordered Kolo Mee and shared the Fish and Chips with Joyce and Kresta along with a lovely warm-cold ice lemon tea. Aaahh.. Life's good. *grins from ear to ear* The orders took really long though. I was the last to get my dish but I didnt really mind because when the waitress served it smoke was coming from it. Ahh, just the way I like it - steaming hot. Ever since I was a kid I was always fascinated with smokey dishes. Like once, my mom ordered this dish called Sizzling beef rendang. And I loved the way the smoke comes out and vapourizes in the air and the finally disappears. Incredible. Sighness.

So yeah after the wonderful meal *thank you God for the blessings that you have given me and my family* we went back to church for the sunset mass. I SAW MY SHAYNE WARD LOOK ALIKE. *smiles dreamily* But yeah. Then when we got home we handed our home-made Happy Birthday cards to papa. I had to share mine with Kresta because she was too lazy to make her own but I didnt mind at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! this is joyce..haha...here's ur comment...u have a sis named joyce too??? like...whoa...hahahah...but my real name is Joycelyn...bet u din noe dat...hahah...so yea...reall mishin u now...byebye!!! loadsa love...JoYcE