Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So little time, so much to do






Yes, it is indeed official that I am heading back to Philippines to continue further studies. I just discovered that the tickets and the flights were already booked for me on the 19th February. In a way it does seem so surreal. But somehow I reckon that God will be with me all the way during the whole crucial part of my life.

Last year had been one of the greatest in my life. Hopefully this year would be the same. Maybe better (???) I haven’t told alot about my farewell (just those who asked when I was going to leave – well I couldn’t bear the thought of lying *shrug*) because it’s honestly going to be very hard for me to say my goodbyes. Infact I was never fond of saying it when I left the Philippines to my best friends over there (Tala, Annie and Kathy) and I still don’t feel any different about goodbyes now.

Actually, I NEVER liked goodbyes ever since I was alittle toddler. I remember back then when my aunts and cousin (Mumy Tunai and Mumy Delia – I nick named them ‘Mumy’ cos Kuya Mac-mac (his real name Mark; my cousin, the son of Mumy Tunai) called them that and so as any young kid would, I just followed it – and somehow as I grew older I just got used to calling them that. Good thing they don’t mind. Haha.

Actually, two years ago when I tried to stop calling them with the ‘Mumy’ part they got Mumy Delia got taken aback. So yeah.) from the Philippines visited Brunei for a few months and stayed over our place. My sisters, Kuya and I had a blast playing Bump Cars in Jerudong Park (that was when every ride was free back then. Now for every ride you take there you have to pay at least like $5(?) which sucks but there’s nothing I can do about it) where this red-headed Irish girl afew years older than us were like trying to bump onto everyones cars and then when she tried bumping onto this young Chinese boy’s one, he started crying so he parked his car in the side and ran to his parents even though the ride wasn’t over yet. Haha. Thinking about it now makes me feel sorry for that lil Chinese kid but back then I thought it was hilarious. Anyways, when it was time for them to head back to Philippines I remember forcing them to stay even though I knew deep down that it was impossible because that’s where Kuya studied and Mumy Delia worked. And when they left, I couldn’t stop crying at nighttime until I had to share the room with my parents so that they could comfort me (hey I was only about 6 or 7 back then) And I only stopped crying for about a month after they left. I cried a lot back then.

I just stared packing and there’s like so many things I want to bring but there’s too little space. I have been forcing everything into my black duffel bag because I don’t want to handle too much when I check in at the airport. By the way, did I mention that my mom is going with me because my dad said that I might have an asthma attack in the airport. Very unlikely!! But yeah, parents will be parents.

I have also just re-arranged my entire dusty room (which I think my sis, Joyce might be using when I've gone) And all the papers, files and folders crumpled up inside my cupboard are now neatly stacked away. So to anyone who might want to use them, just ask my sis or mom. Although I hope that you return them back after you used them and please take good care of them.

I haven’t completely finished packing though. Im going to leave all my CDs behind which would be really painful but I’ll bring them with me when I come back. Oh yeah, my Archie comics collection would be left in the living room bookshelf. I’ll miss Archie, Betty, Veronica, Dilton, Moose and esp. Jughead. Haha. I just LOVE Jughead’s character. *sigh*


My whole body is aching from cleaning the cupboard but my hand were itching to paint so yeah, I saw this black and white picture in one of the books from the BSRC library and drew it on a piece of large paper and I decided that it was better to paint it rather that shading it so yeah. Although I did make afew changes in the picture. Like for eg, the river was suppose to be a path full of rocks and another was that the tiny house was suppose to be miniatured tress. And I would have uploaded the pics here but connections like SUPER slow so its kinda hard. If you wanna check it out go to http://www.friendster.com/6694156

Oh yeah, was watching 2007’s 49th Annual Grammy Awards and I think that jazz music sounds wwwaaayyyyyy much better esp. when Carrie Underwood sang Desperado. Compared to Norah Jones that is. And my future husband Chris Brown (hey, a girl can dream, cant she???!) was there singing to Run It and his performance was THE BOMB!!! Extremely breath-taking. I luuuurrrvvee the way he dance. And I think he’s SOOOOO HHHOOOOTT!!! And there was these two cute lil boys who were dancing with him at the beginning of the performance and they were just.. wow.. *exhales* and super adorable!!! You should have seen them move. So flexible. And so young.

So many emotions are running inside me right now. To describe how I feel, listen to:
1) Don’t Forget To Remember Me by Carrie Underwood.
2) Say Goodbye by Chris Brown.
3) Just So You Know by Jesse McCartney.
4) Not Ready To Make Nice by Dixie Chicks.

Anyhoo, my head is starting to pound so I think I’ll go and get a nap.

Till the next blog,

Take care!

No comments: