Monday, July 23, 2007

A bad 24/7

I cried.

Last night right after an exhausting day out in school and with all the pressure from my grades and lessons, I cried. Why? Because I lost my Bible. The Bible that my dad gave to me before I left for Philippines. The Bible that comforted me through thick and thin when I was homesick during the summer holiday. The Bible that I read everytime I got bored. The Bible that meant so much to me not just because it was printed and bought in Australia, but just the value of it to me.

I cried for a whole good hour.

Kat, a classmate, tried to comfort me. And I prayed to God before I slept last night that I'd find it.

To make the whole situation worse, I didn't get 8 hours of sleep just thinking of it and how my dad would react if he found out that I actually lost the Bible. Oh and that's not the end of it.. This morning, while I was washing my cups, guess what happened. Give up?

The water tap on my sink broke. Actually, when I moved in.. I had difficulties trying to get the water running. But the fact that it broke just as I was about to start my day made it worst, The water was leaking and I was trying to get through the reception downstairs through the intercom. But that too wasn't working. So I had to change from my PJs and go all the way down to inform them.

Well, unfortunately, the maintenance were all girls.. so they had no idea about whatever goes on when it comes to mechanics and pipes. Thank God the worker who helped built my unit was there. Because if he wasn't.. I would have left for school with my water tap leaking. Anyways, he said that the tap needed to be changed and that if we got a new one, he'd change it for me. I guess the hours of me chatting with him was worth it after all this time.

:)

PS: I asked the D/Os' in the campus if they happened to see a black little Bible in my class.. And it so happened that they did. When I saw my Bible.. I jumped for joy and did the sign of the cross. Haha! Dione saw it and laughed at me.. but I didn't care. Hahah! I so love my friends!

No comments: